Monday, April 5, 2010

MTR 1377 unveiling.

Seems that more detail of MTR will be revealed on Wednesday. What we know so far is that Steve Price will be on breakfast from 6am - 10am, followed by Steve Vizard from 10-1pm, then reports suggest Chris Smith from 2GB will follow. I sincerely hope this is untrue as there must be other Melbourne radio "personalities" who could fill this spot. This is usually the time of day that talk stations broadcast a "lighter" program between the newsy morning programs and the drive shows. It seems drive on MTR will be filled by Martin King from ACA. Personally I am looking forward to the new station but I hope it is not entirely right wing propaganda! In my opinion the old 3AW needs a severe shakeup and hopefully MTR can provide it. I am sure MTR will get some good publicity from the Herald Sun to counter act the vitriol coming from the Age owned by the same company as 3AW (Fairfax). I would expect the Age to promote their own station but at least print facts about the new station, not their fantasies!
I am also looking forward to MTR's news service. Melbourne needs a commercial alternative to Fairfax Network news.
Will post more info re MTR on Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. When will MTR have a website so we can listen via the net. As a 2GB listener (always) now that the Rugby is here, I would like to be able to listen to MTR's weekend show as from what I can see there is no SPORT.....hooray. Being originally from the Mornington Peninsular it also will keep me in touch with my roots so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.mtr1377.com.au

    ReplyDelete