Monday, May 11, 2009

Melbourne - The first day!

Well, Melbourne DAB+ is up and running and sounding great! That is all except Fairfax Network stations!!!! 3AW and Magic sound dreadful. Sounds like they are on repeat and the bitrate of Magic and the sound level is way below all other stations. Fairfax has also got FN1 and FN2 but are only relaying AW and Magic over them. ARN is relaying The Edge and calling it The Edge Digital. So there are 18 stations instead of the expected 15. Not a lot of different scrolling info yet, similar to FM RDS at present but I notice Sport927 is giving racing odds. I do like that it makes 3MP sound a bit more "modern" with the better sound etc. Pity FRN can't do the same with Magic. My station of choice Vega sounds great but on my new DAB radio it sounds great on FM too. I'm pleased I spent a wee bit more than I meant to and got a GOOD radio. Could't handle one of those mono speaker "things"! Maybe as a cheapie clock radio but not as my main one. I intend to get a Sangean component in the not too distant future when I'm sure all is well with dab and when I can afford it!Anyone else listening in Melbourne?

No comments:

Post a Comment