Saturday, May 16, 2009

Review of my PURE Evoke-2s


I stated in a previous post I would review my PURE Evoke-2s once digital broadcasting began, well here is my review!

This is one hell of a powerful radio. It uses PURE’s Clearsound technology and has 30 watts of power from its speakers. The sound on music stations on DAB+ is awesome and it is excellent on spoken word stations also. It is so good to hear AM music stations which used to sound "tired" revitalised by this radio and the DAB+ broadcasting system. The 2S can also be used to connect an iPod or MP3 player or portable CD to play through its powerful speakers.

If you wish the Evoke =2S is ChargePAK® Ready – an optional fit-and-forget ChargePAK provides around 20 hours of portable listening. I intend to get one of these in the near future.
It has a feature called ReVu where you can pause and rewind live DAB+ radio for up to 15 minutes. You can also browse stored scrolling text and pause and control scrolling text.
You can save up to 100 station presets (50 DAB+ & 50 FM). New features can be added as they become available via USB.

I have owned many radios throughout my lifetime and this would have to one of the best (if not THE best).


If I had to do crass things and give my PURE Evoke radio marks out of 10, it would rate 9.5. The .5 loss is only because I would have liked just a wee bit more info on station bitrates etc. But not to quibble, this is one hell of a radio and I am proud to own it and no words I can write can do it justice!
If you wish to read more on this radio or on any of the other radios in the PURE range checkout the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment